Post your products and services including Job posting, consultant requirements and Resume for jobs wanted in the Indian EcoMarket. Only "Partners" and "Patron Members" can post! Select the appropriate EcoMarket category while posting.
Chaatak Nature Conservation Society (CNCS) was established on 22-04-10 at O.F.Varangaon. Dist-Jalgaon, Maharashtra. It is now a leading NGO in Maharashtra State. We are also an organizational partner of IBCN (Indian Bird Conservation Network).
CNCS basic aim is to conserve / preserve nature, biodiversity, natural habitat of birds and wildlife environment. Since last 11 years we were making correspondence with Bombay Natural History Society (BNHS), Mumbai for declaring Hatnur Dam Reservoir as a IMPORTANT BIRD AREA (IBA) in international level. After submitting a thorough report of more than 300 avian species with a population of 25000 nos., BNHS reps visited Hatnur area and declared it as a IBA. Now we have forwarded proposal to Ministry of Environment & Forest, New Delhi and State Forest Ministry, Mumbai for declaring it as BIRD SANCTUARY with the recommendation of MLA & MP of Jalgaon.
CNCS is performing the following activities :
- Distribution of Earthen Water Bowl to local residents for keeping it in their garden / terrace / balcony for thirsty birds during summer season. This is done every year on the occasion of World Earth Day (22nd April).
- Distribution of artificial nest to locals of O.F.Varangaon, Bhusawal and Jalgaon.
- Sponsoring “SHRUSTI MITRA AWARD” on the occasion of World Earth Day (22nd April).
- Nirmalya Sankalan Programme – Collecting biowaste and non-degradable waste from the local and preventing it from throwing in Tapti River. These wastes are properly sorted out and dumped in a pit.
- Time to time organising bird slide show in nearby schools and colleges of OFV Estate, Varangaon, Bhusawal and Jalgaon.
- We are also organizing jungle trekking programme for creating awareness of nature and its conservation.
- Every year we take active part in helping Hatnur Dam and Yawal Wildlife Sanctuary Office in Bird Census Programme under Asian Waterfowl Census of Wetland International.
- We also rescue injured bird and take care before leaving it in the jungle.
- We also participate in various seminars / conference organised by Maharashtra Pakshi Mitra Sammelan
Request for Donations:
Our members face lot of difficulties while performing above stated activities. Lot of infrastructure / equipments is required for stress-free efforts. We request you to kindly donate any / all of the following items.
GPS instrument (Garmin make) – 2 nos.
- Laptop with LCD Projector and Printer -1 set
- Binoculars 10x50 (Olympus make) – 4 nos.
- Trekking shoes (Woodland make) – 5 nos.
- Field Guide Book – 1 set
Chaatak Nature conservation Society,Varangaon dsit-Jalgaon, Maharashtra.
PS: The info above was emailed to us by Mr. Anil Mahajan. We are not responsible for any errors. Please verify more details about the society before making any donations.
Photo Courtsey facebook page of Anil Mahajan.