Paryavaran.com-Gateway to Indian Environment Market
The Nature Conservancy (TNC) is a global science-based organization working on conservation since 1951 (www.nature.org). TNC is officially registered in India as a Section 8 not-for-profit company under the name ‘TNC – The Nature Conservancy Centre’. TNC has been advancing multiple projects in India in support of the Government of India’s national priorities around rivers and freshwater, smart cities and infrastructure development (such as renewable energy).
TNC-The Nature Conservancy Centre seeks to hire a Project Associate (Consultant) for providing technical and administrative support to its project on riparian restoration along river Narmada in Harda and Hoshangabad districts. The project is being carried out in the service of the Office of the Divisional Commissioner, Narmadapuram, Government of Madhya Pradesh to scientifically and cost-effectively identify riparian restoration opportunities (which interventions to site where).
The Project Associate will report to the Project Manager at TNC as well as to the Divisional Commissioner, Narmadapuram, Government of Madhya Pradesh. The Project Associate will be stationed at the Divisional Commissioner’s Office at Hoshangabad, Madhya Pradesh.
This is a great opportunity for young professionals to gain valuable experience of working with a senior government bureaucrat and a science-based conservation organization.
The Project Associate will be hired as a Consultant for 11 months with a possibility of extension.
ROLES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
· Support Narmadapuram Divisional Commissioner: Provide technical and administrative support to the Divisional Commissioner, Narmadapuram on various activities related to riparian restoration and the Narmada Pavitra Sarvada Initiative.
· Data collection and analysis: Obtain and compile required data for the project using various data management tools like Microsoft Excel. Should be able to manage, analyze and infer the collected data.
· Review scientific literature: Conduct a thorough review of scientific literature on riparian ecosystem and associated benefits to people and nature
· Document activities and project findings: Professionally document activities as part of the project and the larger initiative of Narmada Pavitra Sarvada, as well as project findings for scientific publications and reports for external audience (such as donors).
· Organize project meetings: Organize and participate in meetings with different stakeholders including various government officials, academic institutions, NGOs, and local communities.
· Manage project timelines and schedule: Proactively manage timelines to ensure project deliverables are completed as planned.
Capabilities: Support project technically and administratively
· Master's Degree with at least 3 year of work experience in natural resource management, reforestation, or ecosystem restoration
· Experience of collecting, manipulating, analyzing and interpreting statistical or environmental data
· Strong desire to apply science to make a difference on the ground and in policies
· Familiarity with word processing, spreadsheet and powerpoint applications
· Excellent written and verbal communication skills in English and Hindi
· Experience of working in and around Hoshangabad and Harda
· Academic or professional experience on water resource management
· Academic / working knowledge on geospatial analysis; familiarity with GIS software
· A reasonable understanding of governance systems at the district level
· Experience of working with Government bureaucrats and/or local communities
· Can-do attitude and an entrepreneurial attitude-no task is considered too big or small. Flexible to changing circumstances
· Ability to diagnose complex problems and identify solutions.
· Self-motivated and is able to set and meet goals under minimum supervision
· Willingness to travel to remote locations occasionally
· Ability to multi-task in a high volume, fast-pace work environment
TNC offers attractive compensation packages for the non-profit sector. Offer shall be based on salary history, relevant experience and qualification.
Interested candidates are requested to send their CV and cover letter to Dhaval Negandhi (email@example.com) with the Subject line “Project Associate (Consultant) – Riparian Restoration”
Closing date: September 15, 2017 (Friday)
TNC is an equal opportunity employer and women are encouraged to apply.
This description is not designed to be a complete list of all duties and responsibilities required for this consultancy.