Dear Members

We are looking to export end of life materials from India to another country in Southeast Asia for recycling. The material is non-hazardous waste under Indian law. However, the importing country classifies the material as hazardous wastes, which therefore triggers the Basel Convention movement requirements for those shipments.

I am looking for information on the necessary approval documents to get these Basel movement documents approved in India. Which authority/ies to engage to obtain the necessary documentation and clearances? What is the procedure for seeking such approval and the expected  timeline?

Any guidance will be helpful.

Regards

You need to be a member of Paryavaran.com- Indian Environment Network to add comments!

Join Paryavaran.com- Indian Environment Network

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• Hi Upasana,

Please send the details of the item and which country you are exporting. Kindly mention your requirements and mail to sudipto.ghosh@ind.tuv.com.

Warm regards

Sudipto Ghosh

• Hello!

For non-hazardous waste or e-waste there are separate regulations.

If your material is non-hazardous in nature (you have to first ensure that its name does not figure in any national or international schedule) and then approach DGFT for appropriate license

Hope this info suffice your query

Regards

Pinaki

Upasana Choudhry said:

Thanks. A clarifying question. Would the CPCB guidelines be covering requirements that are not categorized as 'hazardous waste' under Indian regulation ? Where can I get information on the customs clearance requirements?

Many thanks

PINAKI DASGUPTA said:

Hello!

Please refer to the CPCB guidelines on Hazardous Waste Transportation Rules. Also, think you would require special custom clearance declaring the nature and type of goods in the form of Material Safety Data Sheets

Export Clearance procedures under Basel/ HW Rules
    Dear Members We are looking to export end of life materials from India to another country in Southeast Asia for recycling. The material is non-hazard…
  • The points you mentioned and the attachments are very informative.

• These rules also apply for export of hazardous wastes and chemicals as well

I have uploaded three files, which may be of assistance for you. Please visit DGFT for more details.

Do check up import regulations for the country you intend to export the materials

Also read: http://bargad.org/2012/07/09/supreme-court-judgment-banning-hazardo...

Regards

Pinaki

India+Hazardous+Wastes+Court+Order+657+of+199-2_0.doc

Waste-Regulation-in-India-An-Overview-Bernard.pdf

scomet2011.pdf

• Thanks. A clarifying question. Would the CPCB guidelines be covering requirements that are not categorized as 'hazardous waste' under Indian regulation ? Where can I get information on the customs clearance requirements?

Many thanks

PINAKI DASGUPTA said:

Hello!

Please refer to the CPCB guidelines on Hazardous Waste Transportation Rules. Also, think you would require special custom clearance declaring the nature and type of goods in the form of Material Safety Data Sheets

Export Clearance procedures under Basel/ HW Rules
    Dear Members We are looking to export end of life materials from India to another country in Southeast Asia for recycling. The material is non-hazard…
  • Hello!

This reply was deleted.