In India, it is indeed very difficult to get Meterorogical Data from Indian Meterorological Department (IMD)....with the brilliant effort from Indian Water Portal... IMD has come out with the datasets from 1901-2002.. India water Portal has put this data as...."Entire datasets from 1901 to 2002 for any part of India based on simple on-line dropdown menus is made available for users. Users are encouraged to use this data judiciously. From this dataset, several useful estimates pertaining to the water balance can be made.".. See the attched file... source: http://www.indiawaterportal.org/metdata

RainFall_data_Excel_StateWise_NA_0.xls

You need to be a member of Paryavaran.com- Indian Environment Network to add comments!

Join Paryavaran.com- Indian Environment Network

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• Thank you pooja jee,

Thats a great information you have provided.Many works are carried out but many of them are known to few people only. information like this will really help many people updated. Thank you once again ...Raghava
  • Thank you for the information, its indeed very useful for the RWH, Storm water management.
  • Thanks alot pooja, for information use to enthusiastic people
  • Thanks a lot Pooja,

Unfortunately, my work district (Bhadrak) is not there,, I have found that generally IMD is not very good for weather predictions too,, and often I have to rely on the JTWC (Joint Typhoon Warning Center) for weather predictions especially during monsoons,, when the orissa coast is susceptible to cyclones and depressions..

Thats the reason I have got our own Automated Weather Station..

Amlan
  • Thanks for this information. It will be very beneficial for us.
  • Hey puja,

Thnx for the gr8 info..

Gr8 work by IWP..
  • Thanks Pooja! Great doc!
  • Thank you....Pojaa,
  • Thanks Pooja; this is amazing !
  • Its really helpful for those students and researchers how r involved in climate change modeling !!
This reply was deleted.