Replies

• Clean ganga. Its needs technology & will. Money is already overflowing.
  • Ya! As if we can do anything else than hoping against hope!

Tarika Khanna said:
    we have all seen wat has happened or happens to Yamuna clean Action plan..... unless and until the rules are more stringent towards money utilization and accountability these action plans or cleaning up of the rivers will not work..... more plans like this can be made but they will only be successful when there will be transparency in the system............ lets hope this tym the money is utilized where its supposed to be utilized.....
    Mission Clean Ganga-@ Rs 497 Crore
    I really hope that MOEF utilizes the alloted money wisely and add to the mission of the Clean Ganga.
  • Dear Nishant..

Its true that NGRBA has been constituted for Bihar, Uttrakhand, UP and West Bengal...though I dont have similar document in respect of other three states..the link where I came across this documents is http://moef.nic.in/index.php

Thanks
    Pooja

Nishant Pandey said:
    Hi Pooja. Nice piece of information. In the document that you have attached it is mentioned that the same project has been approved at three other places. If you have similar document for other places where this project is approved,please share those or otherwise please share the source of this information.
    [:en]Home[:]
  • Hi Pooja. Nice piece of information. In the document that you have attached it is mentioned that the same project has been approved at three other places. If you have similar document for other places where this project is approved,please share those or otherwise please share the source of this information.
  • The action plan is nice to hear, but difficult to execute effectively in the present set up. Focussing on the city of Varanasi, I think no inventorization of illicit discharge was done. Based on an illicit discharge inventory and watershed topography, priorities must be fixed. Rehabilitating ill-maintained existing sewerlines can easily consume Rs 1000 Crores. The peanut of Rs 470 Cr will be consumed by memeber departments of the state in no time. Ganga Action Plan will have the same fate as Yamuna Action Plan, unless the lessons learnt are given due importance in decision making.
  • Let us hope that Ganga Will flow with same vibrancy till the completion of that project.
  • we have all seen wat has happened or happens to Yamuna clean Action plan..... unless and until the rules are more stringent towards money utilization and accountability these action plans or cleaning up of the rivers will not work..... more plans like this can be made but they will only be successful when there will be transparency in the system............ lets hope this tym the money is utilized where its supposed to be utilized.....
  • Me too!
This reply was deleted.