Budget 2012-13 - How Much Green ?

Dear Members:

We have an expectation from the Govt. of India that some justified amount shall be allocated for various environmental protection & conservation measures in comparison to last year keeping various environmental challenges ahead into mind….. Take a look what allocation has been made for greening the India.

• Last year, the FM had shown some concern by allocating Rs 200 crore to National Clean Energy Fund
    ( NCEF) under the Green India Mission. But this yearthere is neither such program nor such allocation.
  • Last year Rs. 2491 crore was allocated to MoEF, this year slightly increased & Rs 2,629 crore (by 5%) has been allocated to MoEF to execute the policies & research, fund the programs & regulate the greening concerns………
  • Last year the national afforestation and eco-development programme was allocated Rs. Rs 253 crore, this year slightly increased & Rs 342 crore has been allocated.

With the allocation of Rs. 2971 crore do you feel that India can deal the greening concerns & Environmental Challanges ahead ? Share your views...

You need to be a member of Paryavaran.com- Indian Environment Network to add comments!

Join Paryavaran.com- Indian Environment Network

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• If utilized properly, at least a good beginning can be made. IF that is.

• I do not completely agree with Mr. Pandey. Measuring government's concern for environment to allocation of funds reminds me of the ridiculous water wars between Tamil Nadu and Karnataka on how many cusecs of water will be allocated to each State from the Cauvery river without giving any thought on WHERE and HOW the water will be actually used!!!

We have been working closely with some government departments and find that most of them are saddled with huge funds but do not even utilize the same for meaningful purposes! Moreover, it is the strategy for mitigating pollution that should dictate how much budget is actually needed and not the other way round! We have seen that many steps can be easily taken up without spending any funds as such.

• Government has more interest in Atomic energy than Green energy...allocation is made accordingly not for safety of Nation.

This reply was deleted.